Alaskan King Crab Cakes Thai Style with Fresh Island Salsa and Baby GreensRecipes
July 9, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
Ingredients : List A
- 10 ounces Alaskan king crab meat
- 3 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped bell pepper, assorted colors
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup tempura batter (3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 whole egg and 1/2 cup of water, combined)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying crab cakes
- 2 cups Big Island baby greens or mesclun greens
- Combine ingredients from list A, divide to a 3-ounce portion and form a round pancake.
- Dip crab cakes into tempura batter and coat with bread crumbs.
- In a wok or deep fryer, pre-heat oil at 375 F, then fry crab cakes to golden brown and set aside.
- On a plate, lay down salad as a bed then put down crab cake and top with fresh mango, tomato salsa.
Ingredients for Fresh Mango & Tomato Salsa
- 1 tablespoon ripe mango, diced about 1/4 inch
- 1 tablespoon tomato, diced about 1/4 inch
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped Chinese parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and Tabasco, to taste
- To prepare salsa, mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with Thai Crab Cake.