Pan-Seared Scallop with Lobster Reduction and Linguini Zucchini
- 8 pieces Day Boat Scallops (largest size)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large zucchini cut into strips, linguini shape
- pinch of chopped garlic and shallot
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 8 tablespoons lobster reduction
- 1/4 cup micro greens (for garnish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a hot pan, sear scallops with oil and butter on both sides until cooked. Set aside.
- In another hot pan, saute zucchini with 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and shallot for a minute or two, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spin the zucchini linguini noodles into small ball, repeat eight times and plate scallop on top. Drizzle with some truffle oil and garnish top with micro greens. Serve with lobster reduction around the scallop.
Lobster Reduction Ingredients:
- 1 pound lobster shells or shrimp shells
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium-size ripe tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 stems fresh thyme
- 1 stem parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced white onions
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups heavy cream
- salt, white pepper
- In a soup pot, add chicken stock, lobster shell, onions, celery, tomato, carrot, garlic, fresh thyme and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, remove all scum and simmer between 45 and 60 minutes. If stock is not rich enough, add lobster base to make sauce richer. Strain and remove all shell and vegetables; keep only the broth.
- In another soup pot, melt butter, then add flour and keep cooking until flour is nice and toasted.
- Add in stock, paprika and heavy cream, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes on slow heat (not boiling). Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Lobster may be substituted with crab or shrimp in order to make crab or shrimp bisque.