Salt & Pepper with Fresh Kahuku Prawns
- 1 pound fresh Kahuku prawns
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying prawns
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon sliced red jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt and pepper seasoning (use one part garlic powder, one part sugar, one part fine ground black or white pepper and two parts fine salt mix together)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a pot or deep frying pan, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Toss prawns into cornstarch and remove excess cornstarch. Then fry prawns until they are cooked, about one or two minutes, depending on heat of stove, or until shell is crunchy. After the meat is cooked, set aside.
- In a saute pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, garlic and red jalapeno pepper, and cook for 30 seconds. Then add fried prawns. Sprinkle seasoning evenly to cover shrimp, add green onions and toss for 10 seconds before turning off heat.
- Perfect with a bowl of rice.