Calabrian Shrimp Appetizer – Where Hawaii Eats – Ep #7Where Hawaii Eats
May 12, 2021
Story By: Anne Lee |
Watch the Show
Host Anne Lee is joined by Executive Chef of all G. Lion Hawaii, Shaymus Alwin, to prepare Quiora’s Calabrian Shrimp Appetizer at the beautiful Outrigger Waikiki.
Calabrian Shrimp Appetizer
- 5 8/12 kuaui shrimp
- 8 grams garlic
- 2 oz chili oil
- 2 oz salted water
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 8 grams salt
- 2 grams chopped parsley
- 1 sourdough slice
- Salt to taste if needed
- Place shrimp on clean dishware and season with salt on both sides.
- Place saute pan over medium heat with 2 oz oil in pan
- Once oil is hot place shrimp in oil, if the oil is not sizzling while placing shrimp in pan, it is not hot enough. Sear each side of the shrimp in oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Once flipping shrimp to the second side, add one pinch of garlic, one pinch of parsley, 1 oz Calabrian chili oil. Allow garlic to cook.
- Add 3 oz salted water
- On the grill go ahead and give grill marks to sourdough, cut in half and serve in a bowl.