Ukoy With Chili Vinegar Sauce Recipe – Where Hawaii Eats – Ep#5Where Hawaii Eats
April 28, 2021
Story By: Anne Lee |
Watch the Show
ANNE LEE and Chef Ron prepare this delicious Ukoy With Chili Vinegar Sauce at the beautiful Outrigger Waikiki
Ukoy With Chili Vinegar Sauce
- Green Cooking Papaya (Shred) 1/2lb
- Kabocha (Shred) 1/2lb
- Flour 1cup
- Salt Pepper To taste
Chili Vinegar Sauce
- Cane Vinegar 1cup
- Garlic (Finely Chopped) 3 cloves
- Chili Pepper (Sliced) 1pc
- Black pepper to taste
Directions: Combine all ingredients and reserve
- Mix Shredded Papaya and shredded kabocha.
- Add Flour and combine until fully incorporated.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a shallow frying pan, add oil and heat until hot.
- Portion mixture into flat hashes and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with Garlic Chili Vinegar Sauce.