Dried Scallop and Egg White Fried RiceRecipes
September 17, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 1 cup dried scallops
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pancetta or ham, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 egg whites
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Thin Soy sauce or Aloha Shoyu
- large pinch ground black or white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Soak dry scallops in warm water for an hour or until softened. Shred into small pieces and set aside.
- In a wok or a non-stick pan, add vegetable oil and cook pancetta for a couple of minutes on medium to low heat, or until all the fat melts off the pancetta.
- Add scallop and garlic, and cook for 15 seconds. Add egg white and stir until it’s cooked. Turn heat to high, add rice, sugar, Aloha Shoyu, pepper and cook for a few minutes until the outside is toasted. Make sure the rice is not lumpy.
- Add green onions and toss for 15 seconds. Turn heat off.