Fresh Manila Clams with Black Bean SauceRecipes
June 11, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 1.5 pounds fresh Manila clams
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 tablespoon red jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon salted Chinese black beans
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch mix with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste (Some black beans are very salty, so salt may not be necessary.)
- Clean the clams by rinsing in water until all mud and sand are removed.
- In a saute pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil, onions and garlic. Saute for a few seconds, add clams, cook for a minute then add chicken stock, chili pepper, black beans and oyster sauce.
- Keep cooking until all the clams are open. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Finish by adding the green onion and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Turn off heat.