Butternut Squash & Lobster Bisque with Crispy Seafood DumplingRecipes
May 14, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups lobster stock (can substitute with vegetable or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch of pepper
- salt, to taste (some lobster or chicken stock may already be salty)
- In a soup pot with medium heat, add vegetable oil, celery and onion. Saute for a minute, then add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add butternut squash and chicken stock and cook about 15-20 minutes until squash is soft.
- Add heavy cream, salt and pepper and puree in blender until soup is smooth.
Crispy Seafood Dumpling
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 4 medium-size shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 scallops, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- 1/2 whole egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tablespoon onion powder
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of pepper and Aloha shoyu, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying dumpling
- Combine shrimp, crab meat and scallop with one-half of beaten egg, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, green onions, pepper and shoyu sauce.
- Scoop in one-half tablespoon of mixture and wrap with spring roll skin. Repeat for all wrappers.
- Pre-heat oil to 320 degrees and fry dumpling about 2 minutes, or until golden crisp. Set aside.
- When ready to serve soup, add a big dot of whipped cream and top with fried seafood dumpling.