Mahi Mahi with Fresh ChutneyRecipes
October 8, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
Recipe courtesy of Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- 10 ounces fresh mahi mahi fillet
- 1 ounce olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add olive oil in hot saute pan and sear mahi mahi on both sides. Finish in 350-degree oven for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- 3 ounces finely diced Maui onion
- 6 ounces diced mango
- 6 ounces diced pineapple
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon de-seeded and minced jalapeno
- In a hot saute pan, add olive oil. When it starts to smoke, add onions, jalapeno and minced ginger. Saute until onions become translucent.
- Incorporate apple cider vinegar, sugar and cumin, and simmer until vinegar reduces to 1/3 of its volume.
- Blend in diced mango and pineapple, and saute well.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Place mahi mahi on plate and top with 3-4 ounces of pineapple mango chutney.
- Finally, garnish with micro greens.