Crispy Duck Lumpia with Spicy Hoisin Sauce
Ingredients: List A
- 2 cups Chinatown roasted duck (boneless)
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Chinese parsley, sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Siracha chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic chips
- 16 pieces lumpia wrappers
- 1 egg wash
- some vegetable oil, for deep-fried spring rolls
- 1 cup mango and tomato salsa
- Combine all ingredients from list A and mix it well. Set aside and separate into 16 portions.
- With the lumpia wrapper, add mixture to center and roll like a spring roll (see package for instructions).
- Preheat the oil to 350 degrees and fry lumpia until golden brown. Serve with fresh tomato mango salsa.
Fresh Tomato Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons diced, ripe mango, about 1/4 inch
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato, about 1/4 inch
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Chinese parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- salt and Tabasco, to taste
Mix all salsa ingredients together. Serve as condiment with Duck Lumpia.