Aloun Farms Heart of Romaine with Caesar Dressing
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 minced anchovy fillets
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups old bread, cubed
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and combine in a small bowl with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters and add to hot oil. Cook and stir until brown, and then remove garlic from pan. Add bread cubes to the hot oil. Cook, turning frequently, until light brown. Remove bread cubes from oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, remaining Parmesan cheese and seasoned bread cubes.