Where Hawaii Eats – Ep #2 with Quiora’s Squid Ink Spaghetti with Kauai Shrimp RecipeWhere Hawaii Eats
April 7, 2021
Story By: Anne Lee |
Watch the Show
ANNE LEE and Quiora’s Chef Shaymus Alwin prepare their delicious Squid Ink Spaghetti with Kauai Shrimp at the beautiful Outrigger Waikiki
Squid Ink Spaghetti with Kauai Shrimp
- 4 pc. 8/12 Kauai shrimp per person
Squid Ink Cherry Tomato Braise
- Olive oil blend 2 oz.
- Crushed garlic 1 oz.
- Clam shell cherry tomatoes (roasted in oven) 2
- Castelvetrano olives 2 oz.
- White wine 1/2 cup
- San Marxano tomato 1.5 lb.
- Saute chopped garlic and parsley in olive oil in medium sauté pan.
- Add green olives.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add in blended tomatoes sauce and roasted tomatoes.
- Bring up to simmer for 5 min.
- Salt to taste and set aside.
- Place shrimp on clean dish ware and season with salt on both sides.
- Place saute pan over medium heat with 2 oz oil in pan.
- Once oil is hot place shrimp in oil, if the oil is not sizzling while placing shrimp in pan, it is not hot enough. Sear each side of the shrimp in oil for 2-3 minutes.”
- Add tomato braise.
- Place small pot with one quart of water over high heat.
- Season water with salt to taste.
- Once water is boiling drop spaghetti into water and let boil for about 2-4 minutes until al dente.
- Strain spaghetti and add to sauté pan with shrimp and tomato braise. Toss together, plate and enjoy!