Poached Pear Melba Napoleon in a Puff PastryRecipes
October 22, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into a circle, 3-inch diameter, 8 pieces.
- 4 pieces of fresh pear, not too ripe
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup guava juice concentrate
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees, then bake puff pastry for about 7 minutes or until the puff pastry rises to a golden brown. Let it cool then cut in half, sideways, and set aside.
- Peel and cut pears in half from top to bottom; take out the seed (you may hold it in lemon water to keep from oxidizing).
- In a pot, add water, sugar, cinnamon stick, clove and a pinch of salt; bring it to a boil. Add pears and cover with a plate to hold the pears under the liquid. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how ripe the pear is, or until the pears are soft and tender.
- In a food processor, add fresh raspberry and guava juice, then blend until sauce is smooth.
- To plate the pear Melba, plate one piece of puff pastry, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and poached pear, then pour the raspberry sauce on pear and top with another piece of puff pastry.