Gravlax Salmon Roulade with Crab Mousse Garnished Tobiko Caviar & Fresh Dill
- 3 pounds of salmon filet (remove skin and bones)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
Ingredients for crab mousse
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped chive tube
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tobiko caviar and fresh dill for garnish
- Combine 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped dill, sugar, salt and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a flat pan, evenly coat salmon with seasoning on both sides to cure fish. Let sit overnight or for at least four hours.
- Slice salmon about 1-inch wide and 4-5 inches long. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crab mousse ingredients and mix evenly.
- Add about 1/2-half tablespoon crab mousse and roll fish over like a cigar before garnishing with black tobiko caviar and fresh dill. Repeat for each slice of fish.
Tip: You may serve this roulade on sliced cucumber or cracker.