Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Citrus Beurre Blanc and Carrot LinguiniRecipes
September 10, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 2 pieces sea bass filet, 7-8 ounce portion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large zucchini strip (linguini shaped with shredder or Mandarin)
- 1 large carrot strip (linguini shaped)
- pinch of chopped garlic and shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Citrus Beurre Blanc sauce
- In hot pan sear sea bass with oil, butter.
- In another hot pan, saute zucchini and carrot with one tablespoon of butter, garlic and shallot for a minute or two, then season with salt and pepper.
- Spin carrot, zucchini linguini noodles into a ball, place in center of plate.
- Top with sea bass, pour sauce around it and garnish with shredded carrot.
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves chopped shallot
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 whole black pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In sauce pot on medium heat add orange juice, white wine, chicken stock, garlic, shallot, celery, carrot, bay leaves, and pepper corn, bring to a boil, then simmer until liquid reduces to one-fourth. Strain and keep liquid only.
- Add sugar, salt and sun-dried tomato, stir for a few seconds, then add butter, stir, turn off heat. Add chopped herbs.