Gravlax Salmon Roulade with Crab Mousse Garnished with Tobiko Caviar & Fresh DillRecipes
July 2, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 1 filet of salmon, about 3 pounds. Skin and remove pin bones
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
Ingredients for crab mousse:
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped chive
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tobiko caviar and fresh dill, for garnish
- Combine 2.5 tablespoons chopped dill, sugar, salt and lemon zest in mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a flat pan, coat salmon evenly on both sides with seasoning to cure fish. Let sit overnight or for at least four hours.
- Remove coated seasoning thoroughly from salmon, then slice salmon about an inch wide and 4-5 inches long. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all crab mousse ingredients together and mix evenly. Make sure there are no leftover lumps from cream cheese.
- Lay down a piece of salmon, then add about one-half tablespoon of crab mousse and roll it over like a cigar. Garnish with
black tobiko caviar and fresh dill. Repeat until you run out of fish pieces.
You may serve this roulade on slices of cucumber or on crackers. It makes a perfect party appetizer.