Pan Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with Sun-dried Tomato and Puna Goat Cheese
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Filling
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 pieces pearl onions
- 1 ounce dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 teardrop tomatoes
- 3 pieces baby zucchini
- 2 pieces fresh shiitake mushroom, cut in quarters
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Cut a small pocket in the chicken from top to bottom, enough to be able to stuff the goat cheese filling. Be sure to not cut too deep or create a hole, the cheese may leak out when cooked.
- In a saute pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil and chicken skin-side down and cook for a couple minutes or until light brown, then turn over.
- Add garlic, pearl onions, and cook for a minute; deglaze with white wine and chicken stock. Add tomato, zucchini, mushroom, salt and pepper and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way (about 3-5 minutes). When the chicken is done you should have very little sauce in the pan. Turn off the heat and add butter. Stir until the butter is incorporated into the sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.