Saute Shrimp with Mano Mojito Served with Sweet Mashed Potato, Coconut Milk
Serves 2-3 people
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 25 leaves fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup mango puree
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1.5 ounces Bacardi rum
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1 cup asparagus, cut to 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large potatoes, cleaned and peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- Cut potatoes into small pieces and steam until they’re cooked all the way. When done, mash with a masher. Add coconut milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Marinate shrimp for a few hours with mint leaves, half of mango puree, lime juice, half of Bacardi rum, garlic, shallots and cumin.
- In a saute pan on medium heat, add vegetable oil and shrimp, saute for a minute then deglaze with other half of rum. Add chicken stock, asparagus, bell pepper and other half of mango puree. Saute for another 1 1/2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until shrimp is done.
- Serve with sweet mashed potato and garnish with fresh mint leaves.