Pan-Seared Salmon with Coconut Ginger Rice and Pineapple Salsa
- 6-8 ounces salmon filet seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 1/4 cup steamed broccoli
- 2 tablespoons diced pineapple
- 1/2 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Chinese parsley
- dash Tabasco
- sugar and salt, to taste
- 2 cups coconut ginger rice
Coconut Ginger Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup long grain jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 large piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all coconut ginger rice ingredients and steam for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes or until rice is cooked. Set coconut ginger rice aside.
- To make pineapple salsa, combine pineapple, bell pepper, onions, Chinese parsley, Tabasco, sugar and salt. Taste salsa and add sugar or lemon juice if needed, depending on the sweetness and acidity of pineapple.
- In pan, saute salmon on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish is cooked. Set aside.
- Place coconut rice in center of plate and top with fish and pineapple salsa.