Shoyu Chicken with Stir-fried Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 piece (12-14 ounces) Tyson Cornish game hen
- 2 cups Aloha low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 stock green onion
- 1 stock Chinese parsley
- 1 whole garlic, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon whole black pepper
- In a sauce pot, combine Aloha Shoyu, chicken stock, sugar, ginger, green onions, Chinese parsley, garlic and black pepper. Make sure hen is submerged in sauce. Bring to a boil.
- For presentation, tighten the legs of hen together with a string, (this will prevent legs from spreading out), drop in shoyu stock and bring to boil at medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. Remove any scum. Then, simmer for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the hen.
- Remove hen from pot and let it rest a few minutes before serving.
Stir-fried Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup young baby corn
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut to bite-size
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon Aloha Shoyu
- pepper, to taste
- In heated saute pan, add oil and sugar snap peas, and saute for 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and young corns, and saute for a few seconds. Add chicken stock, oyster sauce, shoyu sauce and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for a minute or two or until the snap peas is cooked.