Singaporean Spiny Kipahulu Lobster with Macadamia Nut Coulis and Spiny Lobster LomilomiRecipes
March 20, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
Ingredients for the Lobster:
- 4 1-pound Hawaiian spiny lobsters
- 2 tablespoons garlic, sliced paper thin
- 2 tablespoons shallots, sliced paper thin
- 1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper-corns, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper-corns, ground
- 2 cups lobster stock, chilled
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice only, for each lobster
- In a small container, combine stock, wine, fish sauce and oyster sauce and set aside.
- To break down the lobsters, remove the head from the tail. Then set aside the head and segment tails width-wise along their natural cross sections (shell included). You should get five segments per tail.
- In a hot saute pan, add oil and saute garlic and shallots until they barely start to caramelize.
- Add in segmented lobster tail and all three peppers; stir until pepper is toasted and becomes aromatic.
- Deglaze with liquid mixture and reduce by 80 percent. Through the reduction process, turn lobster segments to ensure even cooking.
- Once liquid is reduced, remove lobster, finish with lemon juice while slowly whisking in butter.