Crispy Potato Wrapped Oysters with Bearnaise Sauce
- 2/3 cup warm clarified butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper-corn, crushed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons white wine
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- salt, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- 5 oysters, preferably small
- 5 potato slices on mandolin, transparent
- 5 toothpicks
- 5 leaves basil, cut into thin strips
- Put shallots and 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, black peppercorn, white wine vinegar and white wine into small saute pan.
- Reduce until almost dry.
- Add 1 tablespoon cold water and strain into clean mixing bowl with egg yolk.
- Whisk and place over double boiler on medium heat until mixture is nice and thick.
- When thick, remove from heat and slowly pour in clarified butter while whisking continuously.
- Fold in seasonings to taste and the remaining chopped tarragon. In a separate pan, saute chopped spinach until wilted and deglaze with ouzo. Set aside to cool.
- Place one oyster in middle of potato slice with some basil. Fold bottom of potato to top and weave shut with toothpick. Do for all five oysters.
- Fry potato-wrapped oysters at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Fold spinach into bearnaise sauce, place potato-wrapped oysters back into clean shells and spoon sauce over oysters.