Barbecue-grilled Tuna, Couscous Salad, Nori Aioli
Serves Four (courtesy of Chef Fabrice of Four Seasons Resort Lanai)
Ingredients for the tuna:
- 24 ounces ahi tuna loin
- white pepper
- olive oil
- Prepare grill with kiawe wood. Once the coals are red, place the tuna and grill on all sides for 30 seconds.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 1 minute prior to cutting medallions.
Ingredients for the couscous salad:
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup mixed dry fruit, fine diced
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped macadamias
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- For the salad, place the couscous grain in shallow pan; add salt to the boiling water and pour over the couscous. Do not mix. Cover with plastic film and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- With a fork, fluff up couscous to allow all grains to loosen up. Add mac nuts, dry fruits, lemon juice, chopped chives and mac nut oil, and season with salt and white pepper. Reserve in the fridge until serving.
Ingredients for the nori aioli:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ground furikake
- 1 lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 white anchovy filets, very finely chopped
- salt, white pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with all the ingredients thoroughly. Season properly; reserve for the tuna.
On a platter, display the couscous salad, slice the tuna into medallions, spoon some aioli on top of the tuna and serve.