Chicken Satay with Thai Peanut Sauce and Cucumber SaladRecipes
January 30, 2011
Story By: Dining Out Team |
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 16 wooden skewers
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (3/4-inch cube) and marinate with coconut milk, curry powder, garlic powder, condensed milk and fish sauce for about an hour.
- Skewer chicken with wooden sticks and grill on medium heat until cooked. Serve with Thai Peanut Sauce.
Thai Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon sugar
- In a pot or pan, add all ingredients together and bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve as a dipping sauce.
Cucumber Salad: Ingredients
- 1/2 pound cucumber, sliced
- 1 ounce assorted colored bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Chinese parsley, chopped
- 1 clove shallot, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- dash chili sauce or Tabasco
- pinch salt
- In a pot, add sugar, vinegar, water, salt and chili sauce and bring to a boil, then let it cool down. (Can make ahead of time and refrigerate) In a bowl, combine slices of cucumber, shallot, bell pepper and Chinese parsley and chill in the refrigerator. Pour dressing on salad right before serving.
- To avoid the cucumber getting soggy, do not add sauce to cucumber until ready to serve. For a crunchier cucumber salad, make sure to chill ingredients.